Written non-technical translations are done by certified written translators with over 10 years’ experience after university graduation. For technical and specialized written translation we use engineers, lawyers, accountants, etc with translation experience and expertise, they know your business because they were trained for this business. And they were trained in linguistics too.
The below General Terms of Written Translation only provide a background framework, the details of an assignment will be specified in the Purchase Order. The terms of the Order constitute the Special Terms of the contract and prevail over the General Terms.
General Terms of Business for Commissioned Written Translation Work
1. Source material shall be understood to mean any text or medium containing a communication which has to be translated, and may comprise text, sound or images.
2. No fixed quotation shall be given by the translation agency until it has seen or heard all the source material and has received firm instructions from the Client.
3. Supplementary charges to the Estimate can arise from:
- discontinuous text, complicated layout or other forms of layout or presentation requiring additional time or resources,
- poorly legible copy or poorly audible sound media,
- terminological research,
- priority work or work outside normal office hours in order to meet the Client’s deadline or other requirements, may also be charged. The nature of such charges shall be agreed in advance.
4. Any delivery date or dates agreed between the translation agency and the Client shall become binding only after the translation agency has seen or heard all of the source material to be translated and has received complete instructions from the Client.
5. Payment in full to the translation agency shall be effected not later than 7 days from the date of invoice by the method of payment specified. For long assignments or texts, the translation agency may request an initial payment and periodic partial payments on terms to be agreed. Where delivery is in installments and notice has been given that an interim payment is overdue, the translation agency shall have the right to stop work on the task in hand until the outstanding payment is made or other terms agreed.
6. No documents for written translation shall be deemed to be confidential unless this is expressly stated by the Client. However the translation agency shall at all times exercise due discretion in respect of disclosure to any Third Party of any information contained in the Client’s original documents or translations thereof without the express authorization of the Client.
7. If a translation task is commissioned and subsequently cancelled, reduced in scope or frustrated by an act or omission on the part of the Client or any third party the Client shall pay the translation agency the full contract sum unless otherwise agreed in advance.
8. Any complaint in connection with a translation agency task shall be notified to the translation agency by the Client within 7 days of the date of delivery of the translation.
9. These terms shall be construed in accordance with Russian law.
10. The liability of the translation agency on any grounds whatsoever shall be limited to the invoiced value of the work, except the potential for such liability is expressly notified to the translation agency in writing.
11.These Terms shall be subject to any detailed requirements or variants expressly specified in the Purchase Order relating to a particular translation task.